- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again.
- Humidity: Calathea houseplant makoyana prefers high humidity, so consider using a humidifier or placing a tray of water near the plant.
- Light: Provide bright, indirect light, but avoid direct sunlight, which can scorch the leaves.
- Temperature: Keep the plant in a room with temperatures between 60-90°F.
- Fertilizer: Feed the plant with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Potting: Use a well-draining potting mix and a pot with drainage holes. Re-pot the plant every 1-2 years, or when it becomes root-bound.
- Pest Control: Keep an eye out for common indoor plant pests such as spider mites, mealybugs, and scale insects.
It's also important to rotate your Calathea makoyana to ensure even growth and to avoid it leaning towards light source It is important to monitor the plant's care closely to ensure that it thrives, as it is sensitive to changes in environmental conditions.
Benefits :Calathea makoyana, also known as the peacock plant or cathedral windows, is a popular houseplant that is native to Brazil. This plant is known for its attractive foliage, which features green leaves with striking patterns of silver and purple undersides. In addition to being a visually appealing plant, Calathea makoyana also offers a number of benefits:
Air purification: Like many other plants, Calathea makoyana helps to purify the air by absorbing toxins and pollutants through its leaves.
Stress reduction: The calming, natural colors of Calathea makoyana's leaves can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
Improved air quality: Calathea makoyana releases oxygen during photosynthesis, which can help to improve the air quality in your home.
Humidity control: Calathea makoyana thrives in humid environments, so it can help to maintain healthy levels of humidity in your home.
Natural decor: Calathea makoyana is a beautiful, natural addition to any home decor. Its attractive foliage can add color, texture, and visual interest to any space.
Pot Size : 4 Inch Black Plastic Basic Nursery Pot.
Plant Size : 4 Inch To 6 Inch plant with 2 inch diameter.