- Air purification: Like many other houseplants, Philodendron mexicanum helps improve indoor air quality by filtering and purifying the air. Its large leaves have a broad surface area that can effectively absorb and remove airborne toxins such as formaldehyde, benzene, and xylene, creating a healthier living environment.
- Aesthetic appeal: Philodendron mexicanum is highly prized for its striking foliage. The large, heart-shaped leaves with their dark green color and velvety texture, along with the vibrant yellow or golden veins, create a visually stunning display. It adds a touch of tropical beauty and elegance to any indoor space, making it a sought-after choice for plant enthusiasts and interior decor.
- Biophilic connection: Having Philodendron mexicanum indoors helps foster a connection with nature. The presence of greenery has been shown to have a positive impact on mental well-being, reducing stress, improving mood, and promoting a sense of calm and relaxation. It creates a biophilic environment that mimics the natural world, even in urban settings.
- Versatile growth habit: Philodendron mexicanum has a climbing or vining growth habit. It can be trained to climb on supports or trellises, allowing it to fill vertical spaces and create an impressive display. Its trailing stems can be draped over shelves or hanging baskets, adding a cascading effect. Its versatility allows it to be adapted to various indoor spaces and design preferences.
- Low maintenance: Philodendron mexicanum is generally considered a low-maintenance plant, making it suitable for both experienced and novice plant owners. It is relatively forgiving of occasional neglect and can tolerate a range of indoor conditions. Regular watering, moderate light, and proper humidity levels are typically sufficient for its well-being.
Extremely Rare Philodendron Mexicanum Small Size
Free Shipping: On all orders above Rs.750
Extremely Rare Philodendron Mexicanum Small Size
Know Your Plant
Philodendron Mexicanum reaches a height of about 6.5-10 feet within 2 years. However, its leaves have a more impressive growth reaching 4 foot in width and 8 feet in length. When they’re small, the leaves are narrow and long, however, as they mature, they become tri-lobed. The spectacle of color the leaves put on as they mature is also something that won’t escape your notice. While still young and in the process of unfurling, the leaves are a glossy, light green.
As they mature, their color deepens turning into a deep, leathery green. The undersides of the leaves feature splotches of magenta or maroon.
is a stunning tropical plant that belongs to the Araceae family. This philodendron plant can reach upto a height of 30 Feet and each leaf can have spread upto 1.5 Meter. Yes this plant is extremely gigantic in size which is common in few rainforests of Central and South America, specifically found in countries such as Colombia and Ecuador. Leaves of this plant are also velvety in nature to oppose moisture as they belong to rainforests. Philodendron is highly sought after by plant enthusiasts for its unique foliage and visual appeal. It requires some specific care conditions to thrive, such as adequate humidity and indirect light. With proper care, it can make an impressive addition to any indoor plant collection.
Philodendron Mexicanum Care.
- Foliage: The most notable feature of mexicanum is its large, heart-shaped leaves. The leaves can grow to be quite substantial, The velvety leaves have a dark green color and a unique, iridescent sheen. The undersides of the leaves are typically a rich, reddish-brown color.
Vein Pattern: Philodendron mexicanum has prominent veins that contrast with the dark green leaf surface. The veins are often a vibrant yellow or golden color, creating a striking contrast against the darker backdrop of the foliage.
Growth Habit: This Philodendron species is a climbing plant that uses aerial roots to attach itself to trees or other surfaces in its natural habitat. When grown indoors, it can be trained to climb on a support or trellis. It has a vining growth habit, and with proper support, it can develop long, trailing stems.
Light and Temperature: Philodendron mexicanum prefers bright, indirect light. It thrives in warm and humid conditions, with temperatures ranging between 18°C to 35°C. Protect it from direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
Watering and Humidity: It is essential to keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry slightly between waterings. Philodendron mexicanum appreciates high humidity levels, so misting the leaves or using a humidifier can be beneficial.
Soil: A well-draining and rich potting mix is ideal for Philodendron mexicanum. A mix of peat moss, perlite, and organic matter provides good drainage while retaining moisture.
Propagation: Philodendron mexicanum can be propagated through stem cuttings. Take a stem cutting with at least two nodes and place it in water or a well-draining potting mix until roots develop.
Philodendron mexicanum Benefits
- Our Plant is grown from tissue culture method and very stable.
- Price of plant is very low as compared to market so that everyone can enjoy rare species.
- Budsnblush will send plant in small netpot which is good for root growth.
- This species is so rare and budsnblush is exclusively providing this species to Indian plant enthusiasts.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.